Dental Assistant Course
DANB & CPR Certification By Red Cross
In-Office, Hands-On Experience
In this certificate program, we will teach you how to be an effective entry-level dental assistant. Pinnacle Institute provides hands-on training, plus the communication and administrative skills necessary to work as a dental assistant. You will learn how to assist during a variety of treatment procedures, help patients feel comfortable, and perform office management responsibilities.
What is a dental assistant?
What does a dental assistant do?
The dental assistant duties include:
- Assisting the dentist with oral care
- Easing patients’ anxieties
- Teaching patients the skills needed to maintain and improve oral health
- Administrative responsibilities
What will I learn?
In the dental assistant certificate program, you will gain medical knowledge and training to prepare patients for:
- Examination and treatment
- Sterilize/disinfect instruments and equipment
- Provide post-operative instruction
- Educate patients in proper oral healthcare
- Prepare materials for impressions and restorations
- clerical and laboratory duties
- hands-on training taught by experienced instructors
Graduates of the Pinnacle Institute program in New Mexico will learn and prepare to take the Radiology Licensed Dental Assistant, or Licensed Dental Assistant Exam.
Classroom portion of course held on Mondays & Wednesdays:
Morning Section: 9:30AM-12:30PM
Evening Section: 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM
13 weeks of clinical training are arranged per dental practice availability.
We also occasionally offer accelerated, full time schedules. Please use the form below to get information about our next start dates for all our dental assisting course schedules!