Employment, Refund and Grienvance
|Date of student withdrawal as a % of the enrollment period
|Portion of tuition and fees obligated / retained by the institution
|On 1st class day
|0% fees owned
|After 1st day, within 10%
|10% fees owed
|After 10%, within 25%
|50% fees owed
|After 25%, within 50%
|75% fees owed
|50% and thereafter
|100% fees owed
The School Director will be available to discuss any problems or complaints brought forth by any student. It is required that students or other parties with complaints or grievances against an institution first seek to resolve their complaint or grievance directly with the institution. If the matter remains unresolved after conferring with the School Director, the following steps will be taken:
- Submit a written description of the complaint to the School Director
- Within ten days of the written complaint, the School Director will appoint a Review Board consisting of the School Director, the School Registrar, the Lead Clinical Instructor and two students. The School Director will serve as Chairman.
- Within five days, the School Director will convene to discuss the problem and interview the complainant.
- Within ten days of the meeting, the Board will render its decision. The Board’s decision is final.
- If the student is not fully satisfied with the Board’s resolution of the complaint, he/she may choose to submit a grievance with the New Mexico Higher Education Department. The student must contact the New Mexico Higher Education Department for procedures in filing a complaint.