EKG Technician Course
Part Time Course
Morning & Evening Schedules
The EKG Technician certificate program at Pinnacle Institute will teach you both the clinical and professional skills to provide the best possible care during an EKG. Graduating from our EKG course will give you an extra, highly-desirable skill that can be used in virtually all healthcare environments.
What does an EKG technician do?
The responsibilities of a EKG technicians include:
- Prepare patients for procedures
- Answer questions about the procedure
- Obtain and record the patient’s medical history
- Prepare and maintain diagnostic imaging equipment
- Operate equipment to obtain diagnostic images or to conduct tests
- Review images or test results to check for quality and coverage
What will I learn?
In the EKG Technician program, you will learn:
- Properly prepare patients for an EKG/ECG exam
- Operate the equipment that measures, monitors, and graphically traces the electrical activity of the heart
- Read and prepare the results of an EKG/ECG test
- Properly submit data to physicians
Tuition includes scrubs, CPR certification and national exam for EKG certification.
8-week, part-time EKG course that meets once a week, on Fridays.
Morning Schedule: 9:30AM – 12:00PM
Evening Schedule: 6:15PM – 8:45PM
Contact us for tuition payment options and to get a space in our next EKG course!